Volunteer for Home-Start
Posted: 2nd Mar 2020 Closing: 3rd Jun 2020
Local Home-Starts are always looking for people with a genuine desire to make a difference to their local community to volunteer with them.
Home-Start UK is a local community network of 13,500 trained volunteers, supporting 56,000 children and 27,000 families a year in over 200 local Home-Starts across the UK. Our aim is to support families with young children when they need us the most.
In return we will provide all the training, guidance and support you need to be effective and make a real difference, whilst also providing you with the opportunity to meet new friends, enhance your wellbeing and develop transferrable skills to take into the workplace.
Ways to volunteer for Home-Start
- Be a home-visitor - Your role will be to support a a family needs and make a big difference to their lives.
- Become a trustee - A fantastic opportunity to support your local community whilst also developing your skillset in the workplace.
- Family group volunteering - A fantastic opportunity for you to meet new friends, learn new skills, have fun and make a difference supporting your community.
- Fundraising volunteering - Every year we have to turn away thousands of parents and children from our services because we don’t have the funds to help them all.
- Help in a Home-Start office - Give a few hours each week to help behind the scenes at their local Home-Starts.
- Volunteer with your company - There are many ways that staff teams can support us and in return we can help develop new skills, improve staff wellbeing, enhance team morale and make deeper connections with their local community.
If you have a few hours to spare or would like to find out more please do give us a call or drop us an email.
If you have a few hours to spend and help us to work alongside families just like yours to give compassionate and confidential support. As a volunteer you would support and help families with young children through their challenging times.
Best suited to:
This is a fantastic chance to anyone who would like to meet new friends, learn new skills, have fun and make a difference supporting your community. Join our network of 13,500 volunteers across the country and help make those early years count.