Volunteer driver directly supporting families in Hampshire
Posted: 13th Jun 2017 Closing: 13th Sep 2017
Do you have a few hours spare each week and could provide hospital transport to families who have a child with a life threatening or terminal illness? We are looking for a couple of volunteers to provide transport for families in the Portsmouth area to Southampton Hospital.
Experience and Skills Required:
- You need to be able to communicate and be at ease with children, young people and families
- Experience of interacting with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Ability to empathise with families in stressful circumstances
- Commitment to setting and maintaining appropriate professional and personal boundaries in line with Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity policies
- Have a full clean driving licence.
If you have a few hours to spare each week we would love to hear from you.
Voluntary role - out of pocket travelling expenses.
Best suited to:
You must be non Judgemental, be responsible and reliable and have a friendly approachable disposition. A sense of humour will help. This is a very rewarding role where you can make a difference by putting parents, children and young people at ease in stressful circumstances.