Session Meet & Greet / Reception Volunteer
Posted: 10th Aug 2017 Closing: 9th Nov 2017
Wheels for Wellbeing
Since 2007 we’ve worked with thousands of disabled children & adults who face barriers to take part in any physical activity. We're looking for volunteers, who can help us to show that anyone can enjoy cycling, given the right equipment, support and environment. As a Session Meet & Greet / Reception Volunteer you'll play a key role in the smooth running of our inclusive cycling sessions. Training will be provided, Duties will include
- Setting out the reception desk before/ after the session
- Welcoming participants on arrival
- Check participants are registered, sign in, pay, issue receipts if needed using an electronic sign in
- Totalling cash at the end of a session
- Assist new participants to register & refer participants to an instructor
You can volunteer at Croydon Arena, Herne Hill Velodrome and or Ladywell Day Centre (Lewisham) on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday. We request you can commit to 2x four hour sessions per month.
Best suited to:
This role is great for anyone who can committ and relate to disabled people in a non-judgemental way. If you don't mind being out in all weathers, enjoy cycling, have the ability to work with a range of people, are friendly, professional and have a welcoming manner we would love to hear from you!