Online English Teacher
Posted: 13th Apr 2018 Closing: 13th Jul 2018
IQBar is hiring!!
We are a unique online English tutoring company which offers Breadies (our jargon for students) high-quality English as a Foreign Language courses based on the Cambridge English standards.
We are looking for fun, passionate and energetic teachers to join our lovely team of Buddies (our jargon for teachers). We provide 25-30 min 1-on-1 full English immersion courses on our interactive online teaching platform.
If you are an outgoing and creative individual then we are the right school for you!
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Fixed contracted hours - get paid whether you teach or not!
- Rolling contracts to suit your needs.
- Unlimited teaching hours (minimum 5 per week).
- Teaching hours (Chinese Time): Monday-Friday - 3pm-10pm ; Saturday-Sunday - 9am-10pm-
- Native English speaker (non-native teachers with outstanding pronunciation and spoken ability will also be considered).
- Availability for a minimum of two days a week during peak hours.
- 1+ years' experience working with children.
- Internet download speed of 20 mbps or more.
- Up to £12.50/hour + bonuses.
- Flexible hours - work at a time that suits you.
- Continuous professional development - weekly Buddy seminars, online courses and one-to-one feedback sessions.
- Chance for progression within the company - we are always on the lookout for new talent to help us develop our company.
- Perk Box – discounted gym memberships, train fares, mobile plans, free phone insurance, Apple discounts…
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION:
- Contact details.
- Copy of some sort of photographic ID (passport, driver’s license or similar).
- Written self-intro (100-200 words).
- Introductory video (1-2 mins) aimed at your potential future students.
- Copies of certifications (if applicable).
APPLY NOW: https://iqbar.co.uk/a/tea/register/toReg
Please send us an email if you encounter any problems. email@example.com
Peak teaching hours - 10am to 3pm UK time. Fixed contracted hours - get paid whether you teach or not! Rolling contracts to suit your needs. Unlimited teaching hours - teach from 5 hours up to 30 hours a week.
Dependent on hours worked - £10-£12.50/h + bonuses
Best suited to:
People who are energetic, enthusiastic and love working with children.
Name: Latife Zugurt
Family: One wonderful son
How often do you work?
I work 6 days a week for 4 hours a day as this works well around my family commitments.
How does the job fit around your family life?
You teach and earn money from the comfort of your home. Flexible schedule is an excellent advantage. It means you have time for work and most importantly for your child. I can clean my house, prepare dinner and give lessons when my son is at school and as soon as he comes back from school, I can have some quality time with him; we play, we study, we have fun together.
How much time do you commit?
I have 24 contracted hours a week and I spend about three extra hours a day to prepare my lessons, but that`s because I like to change the materials provided.
Where do you carry out your work?
I teach at home.
Do you need a car?
I have my own car but I don't need it for this job since I teach at home.
Do you get support/training?
You get constant support from the team. The team is very professional but also very friendly. They keep motivating their teachers making us feel part of the family. All materials are provided but you are free to use extra materials and you also have the freedom to adapt these materials. There are also continuous training sessions and seminars for teachers on how to develop as teachers.
Would you recommend this opportunity to other mums?
You teach and earn money from the comfort of your home. You do not have to get up early to get dressed for class. I wake up in the morning, prepare my son's breakfast and send him to school and then get ready for my lessons. Briefly the flexibility allows me to be with my kid when he wakes up and after school. It’s comfortable, convenient and easy for everybody involved :-)
Do you advertise?
Not written advertisements but I tell my friends and my students in Cyprus about this company.
Are there any downsides to the role?
I cannot think of any downsides to the role since I'm extremely happy with it.