MAMA.codes Reps - Teaching coding to 3-8 yr olds
Communication Classes for Children
Posted: 19th Dec 2017 Closing: 19th Mar 2018
MAMA.codes is a dynamic and fast-growing EdTech startup, offering creative coding resources and workshops for children aged 3-8. With coding on the curriculum from age 5, we run popular local term-time code clubs for 3-5-year-olds and 6-8-year-olds, as well as workshops during school holidays.
We are expanding across London and then nationwide, and are seeking highly motivated and reliable individuals to train as MAMA.codes teaching assistants in their local area. We are recruiting in London at present and will expand nationwide during 2018.
We provide all necessary training and teaching materials, and you will be working with a class leader who will brief you on the teaching materials for each session and bring the required resources along.
Essential to have:
- A great manner with children
- Excellent organisational skills and timekeeping
- You are a quick learner, unafraid to pick up new skills
- You are excited by technology and the opportunities it brings
- Fluent English
- Regular free hours each week or during school holiday
- Experience teaching, volunteering with children aged 3-8
- A teaching or tutoring background
- Significant childcare experience
- A computing or STEM background (though this is not essential, and full training is given)
- Taking term time/school holiday bookings to assist class leaders at children’s and adults’ workshops in London
- Reviewing the teaching materials circulated in advance by the class leader
- Reliably assisting to deliver high-quality workshops with children and adults
- Assisting at promotional and training events with MAMA.codes
£150 Up-front payment to cover DBS, marketing, use of the MAMA.codes licence & curriculum. The reward is that Reps keep 80% of earnings.Your responsibility is to promote, fill your classes and manage your own costs, essentially running your own business. To find out more, email us your CV or a summary of relevant experience, along with any questions you have.
The role is part time rolling 12-month contract based in London. You will be working as a self-employed contractor to MAMA.codes Ltd, working mutually agreed hours month to month.
Weekly revenue is £225 by running 3 code clubs a week, but there are additional activities you can set up to ensure you far exceed it - such as running weekend and holiday clubs as well. You will be rewarded for over-achievement; working with young children in a rewarding/positive environment, while also learning and being able to pass on 21st-century career skills.
Best suited to:
We are keen to hear from candidates who can work in the following areas of London (we go nationwide in 2018): Hampstead, Chiswick, Battersea, Wandsworth, Balham, Clapham, Wimbledon, Richmond, East Dulwich, Forest Hill, Crouch End, Islington & Shoreditch, Westminster. We’re interviewing constantly so the sooner you get your info to us the better. Next training day is mid-January in Central London.