Family Support volunteers - Essex
Health & Social Care
Posted: 13th Jun 2017 Closing: 13th Sep 2017
We are looking for volunteers to assist our Essex based family support team supporting families at home, in hospital and in the community. We are particularly looking for people in the Redbridge, Newham, North East London areas. Main activities:
- Accompanying Family Support Worker and family to hospital appointments
- Accompanying Family Support Worker and children on outings
- Participate in craft/play activities with children/families
- Listening to parents and children
- Providing practical support in the family home, including domestic help, cooking and recreational activities.
This role could also include some independent working and use of your own car is essential
A minimum of one shift a week. Primarily Monday – Friday between the hours of 9am and 5pm; but some evenings and weekends may be required. (Days and hours would be agreed between the volunteer and Family Support Manager to suit the needs of both the family and the volunteer)
Out of pocket travel expenses.
Best suited to:
You will need to be 18+, have a flexible and adaptable manner, can empathise with families in stressful circumstances, have your own car. Experience of interacting with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and of working with children is essential.
To enable you to get the most out of your training and volunteering we ask you to commit to volunteer for Rainbow Trust for 1 year.