Experienced Finance Manager or FD
Posted: 20th Feb 2018 Closing: 3rd Apr 2018
Spare Fruit is looking for an experienced finance manager/director that loves all things numerical, keen to get involved with a start-up and has experience in using Xero accounting software (or something similar).
You will manage all our finances and also our stock inventory, this includes:
- Filing tax returns - filing regular tax returns and accounts, or possibly overseeing accounts to do so
- General bookkeeping - raising invoices, entering and reconciling all transactions through our Xero accounting software
- Setting up all payments - running regular payment runs for all bills and payroll
- Creating financial reports - creating management accounts through our accounting software with narrative where needed, for board meetings
- Inventory management - costing our inventory and managing our stock flow using our accounting software or Excel
- Overall advice and guidance - covering all financial matters to ensure financial efficiency across the board
The ideal candidate must have experience of:
- Managing tax accounts, bookkeeping and filing tax returns
- Experience of working for or with accountancy firms
- Strong working knowledge of Xero accounting software, or something similar
Desirable to have:
- Working knowledge of the food industry
- Experience in managing stock
- Honest and inherently trustworthy
- Positive approach
- Patient, with the less numeric members of the team :)
- Able to take a flexible approach to working with a very small and face paced team
- Open and willing to make suggestions and improve our processes
About Spare Fruit
Spare Fruit rescues beautifully fresh British fruit and transforms it into deliciously healthy award-winning fruit crisps, rescuing consumers from poor quality snacks in the process.
We support small British farms by purchasing their fresh surplus produce that would otherwise be wasted to help tackle and raise awareness of food waste in a delicious way.
We are looking for someone who is able to work between 4 and 8 hours a week with the potential to reduce or increase working hours to suit both parties.
Best suited to:
This is the ideal role for an experienced Finance Manager or Director who is keen to get involved with a small mission-driven business.The ideal candidate would be someone who can work flexible hours that can be increased as and when required. Most tasks can be done at home but it would be an advantage to have some office time each month, especially when accounts /reports are due.