Children’s Activity Leader
Posted: 11th Jul 2018 Closing: 11th Oct 2018
Fit For Sport
Exciting new opportunity. Join Fit For Sport as an Activity Leader and work in our extended school provisions in London. We provide schools with extended services to motivate and inspire children to get active whilst having fun! We can work around your availability by offering casual and fixed hour contracts, also you will have access to a range of sports development training.
The Activity Leader job role:
- Plan delivery of programmes, activities and actions effectively using FFS systems and materials
- Motivate and inspire children aged 4 to 12 years
- Engaging/liaising with parents and teachers regarding the progress of their children’s activity ensuring clients receive the best possible service
- Ensure the health and safety of children, clients & team at all times
- Make sure you, the site and team are compliant with all policies/procedures
Requirements for the Activity Leader role:
- Experience working with children in a school/leisure centre environment
- Be well organised & demonstrate leadership skills
- Able to work effectively in teams and as an individual, always maintain a professional approach to work
- Level 1/2 in Sports Coaching, Activity Leadership or Child Care (relevant routes accepted)
- Valid DBS is required (can be obtained if successful in the role)
Activity Leader Benefits:
- Discount on access to our services for your children – if you have any!
- Company Uniform provided free of charge
- We pay to sign you up to the DBS Update Service
- Opportunity to complete a Paediatric First Aid Course through Fit For Sport
- Access to a range of Professional Development Training, Including Core Modules such as Safeguarding Children and the Common Core
- Clear pathways to progress with Fit For Sport
- Access to our pension in service schemes
- Access to the cycle to work scheme
Fit For Sport are the UK’s Leaders with over 25 years' experience in developing children's health and activity levels; to help us change children’s lives today why not join us!
Monday to Friday work with flexible hours, 7:30am-18:30pm (flexible) with 28 days paid holiday (including UK Bank Holidays) each year (pro rata for part timers) Work from just 7.5 hours up to 40 hours a week.
£7.38-9.50 to £9.13-11.54
Best suited to:
Sporty, active and enthusiastic mums who want to pass on their passion for sport on to children and inspire them to keep healthy and happy!