Posted: 23rd Jun 2017 Closing: 23rd Sep 2017
The volunteer will be supported by the Administrative team and will be part of a small, dynamic UNA-UK team, which consists of 7 staff members and 4 part-time volunteers. Activities include:
- Communicating with members & supporters: renewing their membership subscriptions, thanking them for their donations, registering them for our events & answering their enquiries via email, letter and telephone.
- Prepare for special events: sending invitations via email/post, collating responses & making guest lists.
- Reception duties: answering the main telephone, dealing with general enquiries, greeting visitors.
- Data entry: maintaining & updating our contact database, including processing financial transactions.
- Be conversant with Microsoft Outlook, Excel & Word.
We are looking for someone who has an interest and is passionate about the United Nations and can commit to volunteering for 1-5 days a week. This volunteering role is ideally suited to someone who can commit to two days a week for a minimum period of 6 months volunteering with an opportunity to extend. Previous experience of using a database is desirable but full training is given.
We will cover your day-to-day travel and lunch expenses in line with our expenses policy. Lunch expenses will only be provided on days where over 3.5 hours volunteering have been completed. This volunteer role does not involve any participation in UNA-UK’s policy work. You will be invited to attend team planning meetings and gain an insight into how an NGO operates.
Best suited to:
This role would suit someone who has previous administrative experience and would like to contribute their skills to the NGO/charity sector. You will suit this role if you have a sustained, accurate and detailed approach, enjoy interacting with grassroots members/supporters, wish to contribute towards the smooth running of an NGO and is interested or passionate about the United Nations.