Action Team Volunteer
Posted: 11th Feb 2019 Closing: 11th May 2019
UK Wide Volunteering Role
Join Team Macmillan and help us raise money and awareness and campaign for improved local cancer care. Be part of our growing friendly UK-wide team of volunteers supporting Macmillan and help us to help everyone with cancer live life as fully as they can.
Every month we share opportunities to get involved in your local email newsletter. You choose the activities you can help with and we send information about next steps so you are prepared for the event. On the day you are part of a team working together to make a difference, supported by your local volunteer manager or a lead volunteer.
Opportunities could include:
- Events support, water stations and cheerpoints at fundraising challenges and races
- Bucket collections in public spaces, shopping centres, stations, gigs, festivals and shows
- Community and special events, galas, fetes, balls and race days
- Other ad hoc opportunities including leafleting, social media promotion and office support
What will you get out of it?
- Join an enthusiastic team of volunteers who want to make a difference, just like you
- Use and develop your fundraising and communication skills, enhancing your CV
- Have a rewarding experience making a difference in your community
- Receive an induction and agreed out-of-pocket expenses reimbursed within our guidelines.
Apply today by completing an online application form. Then we’ll contact you to discuss the role in more detail, and answer any questions. Contact Grace Brown or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
We know cancer can affect everything. But Macmillan is here to help people live life, no matter what. We give them the support they need to hold on to who they are and what’s important. Whether it’s minutes or months, hours or days, the time you give by volunteering for Macmillan really does matter. Life with cancer is still life – let’s help people live it.
This is a flexible volunteer role, for which we’d recommend a few hours every couple of months, or more if you have the time as opportunities arise. Opportunities vary around the country.