Competitions - Win, Win, Win
Go on.....take a break and give it a go, you never know, you may be one of our winners! We have new competitions every month, so check back on the 1st to see what else you could win. Amongst this months' prizes is ......
Win a £100 ASOS voucher with CELTA
Have you been dreaming of a change in career or a new job that offers you more flexibility? Completing an English language teaching course, such as CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages), could be a great option.
CELTA is a highly respected TEFL qualification from Cambridge English Language Assessment (Cambridge English), part of The University of Cambridge.
The qualification opens up exciting teaching opportunities as it is widely recognised by employers in the UK and abroad. By completing the CELTA course you will gain the essential knowledge, hands-on teaching experience and classroom confidence to qualify as a teacher of English as a Second Language (ESL).
You can also choose how you study to fit around your busy schedule – CELTA can be taken as a full-time course, a part-time course or online as a blended learning course, which combines online self-study with hands-on teaching practice.
The UK government recently granted the CELTA course Advanced Learner Loan scheme eligibility, which means that you can apply for funding of up to £1,417 to help kick-start your teaching career – loans do not have to be repaid until you have completed the course and are earning more than £21,000. There are around 40 CELTA centres in England that accept Advanced Learner Loans – find out more on the Cambridge English website.
Magdelena Horczynska, recently completed her CELTA qualification at City and Islington College, London: “Following my move to the UK from Poland I really struggled to find a job. I had always had an interest in teaching and so I decided that this was the perfect time to do the CELTA course and fulfil this ambition. As I am a mother and was unemployed at the time of enrolment, the course fees would have been a real issue for me. However, thanks to the Advanced Learner Loan it was possible for me to complete the qualification, and change my career path.”
The boring but necessary part - our competition rules.....
1. No purchase necessary. Entries will close on the last day of the month.
2. Entrants must be aged 18 years or over and resident in England, Scotland or Wales.
3. Entries must be received by the closing date specified in the competition details. The winner will be notified on within 14 days of the closing date by the email address they provide. If no response is received within 30 days another draw will take place.
4. Entry is strictly limited to one entry per household for each compeition. Entry each competition can only be made by completing the form online or by following the specified steps.
5. The prize(s) is as specified in the competition details but may differ from any images shown. The prize(s) will be delivered to the winners within 8 weeks of the competition closing date.
6. There is no cash alternative to the stated prize. Promoters reserve the right to offer a similar prize, or a prize of equal or greater value, if the stated prize is unavailable.
7. The promotor's decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
9. The promoter of these competitions is What's On 4 Ltd, International House, 24 Holborn Viaduct, City of London, London , EC1A 2BN
Job of the Week
Aquatots Swimming Ltd
Aquatots Swimming is looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated Swim Teachers considering a rewarding and satisfying career teaching young babies and toddlers to swim through a structured...
Find out More