The top ten websites for job seeking and working mums..
At mumandworking we’re always looking into ways to save already busy mums time. We’re a busy team of mums ourselves, and with 15 years of work at home experience between us we’ve learnt a thing or two about remote working along the way.
Here's our compilation of, in our opinion, the top ten time saving websites that will assist both working and job seeking parents.
- Dropbox is a great solution for sharing the contents of folders between computers. The first service that did it well, Dropbox remains the primarily alternative to emailing files to yourself.
is your personal browser for twitter helping you stay in touch with what's happening now. Create columns to search for # like #jobs #workformums and of course #mumandworking
- With Google's
free online calendar
, it's easy to keep track of life's important events all in one place. When you sync your calendar on your mobile device, the same events will show up when you use Google Calendar on your computer – keeping you completely organised. You’ll never forget a call or meeting again.
– Potentially a real time saver. Live smarter by outsourcing household errands and skilled tasks
to trusted people in your community.
– We’re all aware we can get our shopping delivered to save time but did you know that Waitrose has a ‘meals in minutes’ section where they’ve planned healthy quick meals that can cover the whole week, simply click to buy. With each plan updated weekly it’s a godsend and cuts shopping time in half.
- Martin Lewis's free site saves you money
. Beat the system on credit cards, shopping, special offers, mortgages, council tax, interest rate payments and freebie. With a forum to share bargains and ask for advice it’s simply a must.
- Amazon price tracker, monitors millions of products and alerts you when prices drop, helping you decide when to buy.
- noticed a heck of a lot of spam coming your way? With the recent talktalk cyber attack our online security is once again making the headlines. It’s not just that one website that is vulnerable, potentially all websites we use could possibly be at risk. Use haveibeenpwned.com to input your email address and see if you’re email address could have been breached.
– Need to get some new skills under your belt to make your dream job a reality? Coursera lets you take free online classes from more than eighty universities and educational organizations, all in one place.
– Need a new CV? Want to revamp your old one? CV Assistant helps capture all your skills, experience and abilities, and gets you that job! Your curriculum vitae absolutely needs to make the right impression, and CV Assistant is here to help you make it the best it can be.