Our Awards ~ Shortlist Announced!
All categories are either judged by our fabulous expert panel or open to public vote - as voted for by the many thousands of visitors to mumandworking.co.uk. If you'd like to make a vote in our voted for categories please click here.
With double the number of nominations received in 2015, the judging process thus far has already been very challenging and to be shortlisted is a huge accolade. Shortlisted candidates should please pencil September 22 2015 in your diaries NOW.
The next judging phase will commence shortly and, futher to this, the finalists will then be announced and invited to join us. All shortlisted candidates will be written to soon.
Business Parent of the Year ~
Open to any parent who has founded their own business and is a shining example of how running a business alongside a family works! Judges will be looking for examples of successful, parent-run businesses going places! As sponsored by awards Hosts NatWest
- Jo Mackay, Bookings For You
- Lucy Jewson, Frugi
- Karen Wood, Strider Bike UK
- Sarah Cressall, The Creation Station
- Victoria Casebourne, The Keepsake Co
For any parent running a flexible business who has struggled against adversity and triumphed despite the odds. As sponsored by Amanda's Action Club
- Louise Watson, The AbFab Academy
- Ian Brember, Big Hat Bushcamp
- Amanda Reeve Bugs n Bones
- Jen Holt, JittaBugs
- Jessamine Hislop-Newton, Little Pickles Markets
- Jayne Hardy, The Blurt Foundation
Open to any business category which has been trading for 2 full years or less* and whose founder is a parent operating within a 'family friendly' model. Judges will be looking for a successful business concept, positive early trading figures/forecasts & a business with real potential As sponsored by Swimkidz
- All BY Mama
- Tidy Tot (Be-Baby Ltd)
- Kidslingo – Frenchtastic & Spanishtastic
- Reading Fairy Ltd
- Synergy Business Support
Best Direct-Sales Independent Representative 2015
Open to any direct sales representative who can show the judges proven success in terms of business growth, as well as being an inspiration to other sellers or team members through their flexible working model of running their business to support their family As sponsored by Official Photographer Sophie Sheinwald Photography
- Claire Hallet-Walsh - Forever Living
- Emma Joy-staines - Forever Prosperity International Group
- Sarah Fryer IT Works Global - Sarah's Body Wraps
- Joanne Body - Partylite
- Kelly Grant - Scentsy
Open to any company/business/charity or operation who actively promotes exceptionally family-friendly and flexible working for their male and female employees. (Please note Franchisors should enter the Franchisor of the Year category instead) as sponsored by Build14me.com (Headline Sponsor)
Flexible Employee of the Year ~
For companies, colleagues, staff and associates to nominate an employee who clearly demonstrates how flexible employment can bring out the best in individuals for the benefit of their employers, families and customers As sponsored by Owow Chocolates
- Catherine Spencer, Army Families Federation
- Kathryn Scorer, RIG Healthcare
- Alison Payne, TimeBank
For companies, colleagues, staff and associates to nominate a franchisee who clearly demonstrates how a flexible franchise can bring out the best in individuals for the benefit of their families and customers. As sponsored by Hartbeeps
- Emma Hayward, diddi dance, North Shropshire, Central Cheshire & NW Staff
- Sarah Dalton, Baby Sensory, Dartford-Gravesend and Maidstone
- Liz Jenner, Jiggy Wrigglers, Southampton and Eastleigh
- Vicky Taramasco, Rhythm Time, South Birmingham/North Worcestershire
- Shelley Crack, Swimkidz South Bucks Ltd
Best International Flexible Business ~
For any UK-based successful business exporting or operating overseas demonstrating a family-friendly, flexible working model
For any business/charity/company or operation utilising technology or new innovations to facilitate flexible working - APPS, multi-functional websites, online communication systems etc As sponsored by The Children's Activities Association
- First Aid for Life and Onlinefirstaid.com
- Naturally Creative Ltd
- The Baby Keepsake Company Ltd
The ceremony and celebratory reception will be held at RBS, 280 Bishopsgate, London on the afternoon of Tuesday September 22 2015.
Please contact us here for further information about our awards.
Job of the Week
Location: UK Wide
Xenca is a British company whose natural, effective and affordable products are designed to deliver optimum family health and fitness, radiant skin and natural beauty.
With no targets or...
Find out More