The National mumandworking Awards with were at Campus London.
2014 saw an increase of over 60% in nominations for the awards so thank you to everyone who participated - the awards ceremony was hugely enjoyable. It was great to see our 2014 mumandworking awards Finalists, just click here to find out about them.
‘Increasing numbers of employers, big and small…now recognise the benefits of work-life balance, such as a more productive, loyal and engaged work force… …We can make family-friendly working the new norm in Britain’ Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg at the launch of City Fathers, April 2014
'The Deputy Prime Minister has asked me to send his best wishes for the National mumandworking awards' from the office of the Deputy Prime Minister, Whitehall, LONDON, May 2014
The National, annual mumandworking awards reward & recognise the companies & individuals (Mums & Dads) showcasing 'how flexible working works'. They took place on Thursday 16 October at the fabulous 'Campus' – the unique co-working space in the heart of East London's Tech City. See more here www.campuslondon.com or www.plus.google.com/+CampusLondon or facebook/Google-Campus-London
The awards were hosted by Award-winning Author, Business Director, Entrepreneur, Motivational Speaker & mum Susannah Schofield with guest speaker and Leading Success Mentor for Women, Alexandra Watson. The live awards were then followed by a VIP Networking Celebration as sponsored by
Laura Tenison MBE, Debbie Bird, Mandy Haberman, Susannah Schofield, Jessica Taylor, Sam Willoughby, Nicky Chisholm, Sara Guiel & Ian Sharland.
For more on our fabulous Sponsors - Availexe, Dice Matrix, Swimkidz, Bumps & Bashes, Creation Station, Alexandra Watson, Owow Chocolates, Sophie Sheinwald Photography, Tallulah Rose Flower School and Bureau Direct - click here
Be part of the action as a VIP Sponsor for 2015 more info click here.
See the full list of award categories here
Why are these awards so special? They highlight some amazing individuals, inspiring employers and the many advantages of family-friendly employment, to include...
- the empowering of parents to achieve their potential
- the enormous commercial benefits to employers and business owners
- the substantial contribution to the UK economy
- the supporting of modern-day family life
The awards were open to both mothers and fathers.
Our awards are centred around family-friendly flexible employment and the wealth of different experiences and options. So whether you are a mumpreneur, employer, franchisor, employee, company director, direct-seller or business owner, our judges are looking for YOUR real, every-day stories showcasing how your family-friendly business strategy or experience WORKS!
Categories include 'Best Start-Up', 'Most Inspiring Business Parent as sponsored by Swimkidz', 'Best Business Parent Blogger as sponsored by Bumps and Bashes' and 'Best Use of Technology' - a perfect fit with our venue!
- Business Parent of the Year ~ Open to any parent who has founded their own business and is a shining example of how running a business alongside a family works! Judges will be looking for examples of successful, parent-run businesses going places! As sponsored by Creation Station
- Most Inspiring Business Parent 2014 ~ For any parent running a flexible business who has struggled against adversity and triumphed despite the odds as Sponsored by Swimkidz
- Start-up Business of the Year ~ Open to any business category which has been trading for 2 years or under and whose founder is a parent operating within a 'family friendly' model. Judges will be looking for a successful business concept, positive early trading figures/forecasts & a business with real potential as Sponsored by Availexe
- Best Direct Sales Independent Representative 2014 ~ Open to any direct sales representative who can show the judges proven success in terms of business growth, an inspiration to other sellers or team members and evidence of running their business to support their family as Sponsored by What's On 4.
- Flexible Business of the Year ~ Open to any company/business/charity or operation who actively promotes exceptionally family-friendly and flexible working for their male and female employees.
- Flexible Employee of the Year ~ For companies, colleagues, staff and associates to nominate an employee who clearly demonstrates how flexible employment can bring out the best in individuals for the benefit of their employers, families and customers as Sponsored by Owow Chocolates.
- Franchisor of the Year ~ Open to any franchisor who actively promotes exceptionally family-friendly and flexible working policies to its franchisees. Sponsored by Official Photographer Sophie Sheinwald Photography
- Franchisee of the Year ~ For companies, colleagues, staff and associates to nominate a franchisee who clearly demonstrates how a flexible franchise can bring outthe best in individuals for the benefit of their families and customers.
- Best use of technology within a family-friendly business ~ For any business/charity/company or operation utilising technology or technical innovation to facilitate flexible working - APPS, multi-functional websites, online communication systems etc.
- Celebrity working parent of the Year ~ For a working Mum or Dad in the public eye - this award will not be judged by the panel but was nominated and voted for by mumandworking visitors / subscribers. Sponsored by Alexandra Watson
- Working Parent Blogger of the Year ~ For bloggers commenting on both parenting and business – with inspiring topical content for other working parents. This award will not be judged by the panel but was nominated and voted for by mumandworking visitors and subscribers Sponsored by Bumps + Bashes.
We're so delighted to have brought you our awards in association with....
"I just wanted to say a huge thank you for my mumandworking award on Thursday. It has meant a huge amount to me. The awards ceremony was wonderful (I thought Susannah was awesome too)."
"Thank you again for a great event on Thursday! And thank you for my win - I still can't believe it and I'm just coming down to earth. I was really shocked and surprised - I really did not expect to win, which was reflected in my speech and completely forgot what I was going to say."
"The event was a success and well organised. I used to organise a lot of corporate events, so I know exactly what effort goes into every minor detail for it to happen smoothly. The speeches and addresses were very inspirational and motivating - a real interesting listen. As a sole operating business, I often feel alone but so interesting to hear what other operators had to say and their words ringing true."
"I just wanted to say thank you for organising the event yesterday. It was a great day and I was so happy and grateful to be highly recommended in my category. It was fantastic to see so many women succeeding in business and inspiring to hear the speakers at the event"
Will you be a winner next year? Get prepared with our How to win Business Awards
There’s a wealth of sponsorship opportunities from Exclusive Headliner to individual award category sponsors – so if you are keen to target a wealth of SME owners, busy parents, mumpreneurs, the Campus community, senior industry representatives, government figures*, those seeking flexible working opportunities and the 120,000+ fans and followers of the mumandworking and What’s On 4 websites get in touch!